Recessed Spot Lights That Cause a Drafty Room
How to Install Recessed lighting – This air tight design prevents air passing from the room into the attic space where the light fixture is installed. If existing fixtures are not the air tight type then an approved enclosure may be built around the fixture to prevent this occurrence.
Recessed light Fixtures
Electrical Question: Why do we feel a lot of air blowing through the ceiling light fixtures?
- We have several spot lights in our ceiling in an extended room.
- We feel a lot of air blowing through the pot lights. we removed the spot light and there is a metal box inside the ceiling.
- Can we fill this box with wool is there something to cover the casing of the spot light.
- Is this dangerous, is there some other insulation that can be put into this box.
This electrical wiring question came from: Agnes, from Montreal, Canada.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Agnes.
Installing Different Types of Recessed lights
How to Install Recessed lighting
- Most recessed lighting fixtures are the Air Tight type.
- This air tight design prevents air passing from the room into the attic space where the light fixture is installed.
- If existing fixtures are not the air tight type then an approved enclosure may be built around the fixture to prevent this occurrence.
- The light fixtures may be exchanged for an updated energy efficient recessed light fixture.
More about Recessed Lighting
How To Install Recessed Lighting
Installing recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
Lighting For The Home
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|The 4th Ceiling Fan Wire||Why Your Microwave Oven May Not Be Working|