Kitchen Island Electrical Outlet Wiring
Electrical Code Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
Electrical Question: How do we wire an 8 foot kitchen island with a bar sink installed?
What are the electrical requirements for kitchen outlets?
This electrical question came from: George, a Building Contractor.
Thanks for your electrical question George.
- George, the kitchen island must have an outlet that is placed on a GFI protected circuit.
- This circuit can be extended off of the existing kitchen counter top outlets or be placed on a dedicated circuit depending on the loads of the anticipated connected devices.
The Following links will assist you with kitchen electrical wiring
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
- GFCI Wiring
- This list of articles will help you learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI and GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Kitchen Island and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Wire a Kitchen||How To Install Three Way Switches|