Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
How can a bathroom exhaust fan be installed and sealed? Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan, Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit.
Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
Electrical Question: How can a bathroom exhaust fan be installed and sealed?
- We just had a replacement bathroom bulb heater/exhaust fan installed and the opening is about 3/8″ bigger than the replacement fan.
- How do I find a trim piece that will install around the new fan to cover the original fan opening?
- It is a GE Bulb Heater Exhaust fan BH702B.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Kris.
How to Install a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best installed by a licensed electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the light fixture(s).
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Kris, you might be able to purchase a tube of silicone caulking and fill the gap if it is not too wide.
- Another thought is to use a type of weather stripping material. Both items can be found at your local hardware store.
The Following will assist you with your Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit
- Installing Your Bath Exhaust Fan
- Answers to all of your questions about installing a bath exhaust fan and your bathroom exhaust fan replacement project.
- How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Bathroom Fan, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Is It Safe To Install Aluminum Wire?||Circuit Requirements for a Dryer|