How To Wire Kitchen Pendant Light Fixtures
Install and Wiring Pendant Light Fixtures: The Process for Wiring Pendant Light Fixtures, I’d like to hang some pendant lights over a kitchen island.
Installing Pendant Kitchen Light Fixtures
Electrical Question: I’d like to hang some pendant lights over a kitchen island but don’t have direct access to the ceiling due to a ceiling fan.
- My ceiling is 12 feet tall and I would like to run a decorative electrical chase (rigid channel) between two existing timbers, 8 feet off the floor and drop my pendants from there.
- The problem I have is that I don’t have anywhere to put junction boxes anywhere other than on the adjacent beam.
- Would this be to code if I made all my connections in the box and ran continuous runs to the fixtures?
Thanks in advance.
This electrical wiring question came from: Chris, a Homeowner from Avon, New York.
Additional Comments: Love your site.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Chris.
Wiring Kitchen Pendant Light Fixtures
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best installed by a Licensed Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the light fixture(s).
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional pendant light fixture wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Wiring Methods for Pendant Light Fixtures
- The wiring can be installed into one central junction box.
- Continue the electrical wiring to each individual light fixture box.
- One option would be to take the incoming wire to the first pendant light box and then loop to the next pendant light box.
- Repeat the wiring for the number of pendant light that will be installed.
- The key is to have a junction box for each pendant light fixture.
- Size each fixture junction box being large enough to contain the number of wires that will be installed.
More about Wiring Pendant Light Fixtures
Electrical Junction Boxes
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
How to Install Kitchen Electrical Wiring
Kitchen Light Fixtures
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Kitchen Light Fixtures with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
|« Wiring a Receptacle for a Lift Pump for a Septic System||Converting a 240 Volt Circuit to 120 Volt »|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.