How To Install a Wall Sconce Light Fixture
Considerations to Help you Plan Your Wall Sconce Wiring Project: I am installing a wall sconce but the width between the wall stud…
Considerations for Electrical Junction Boxes
Electrical Question: I am installing a wall sconce but the width between the wall stud and water pipe is only 1 3/4 inch. The Junction boxes seem to all come in 2 inch width. What can I use to hold up the fixture?
This electrical question came from: Dennis, a Homeowner from Glenview, IL.
Thanks for your electrical WIRING question Dennis.
Considerations to Help you Plan Your Wall Sconce Wiring Project
- Dennis, you could try using a normal 1-gang or single gang electrical box as long as the light fixture canopy or base is large enough to cover the box, and I thing you will find that it will.
- The light fixture bracket can be installed normally to support the light fixture.
- If space is really tight then you could install a face-nail 1-gang box and nail the box from the from of the stud.
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for.
- Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance.
- One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed.
- The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Single Gang Box and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|I turned off the main breaker to the house to show the kids how it worked,…||I am replacing a ceiling fixture the holes for mounting the bracket are stripped|