How To Fix Your Phone Jack Wiring
I changed some of the telephone jacks, now some phones do not work right. How to Check your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone.
Phone Jack Wiring and Repairs
Electrical Question: I changed some of the telephone jacks, now some phones do not work right.
- The two phones downstairs work fine, but when I connect the upstairs phone, sometimes it works and other times it will disable all the other phones.
- Sometimes the phone rings once then cuts off. Why is it when I connect the upstairs phone there is a problem?
This electrical question came from: Lance, a Homeowner from Brooklyn, New York.
Thanks for your telephone wiring question Lance.
How to Check Your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone
- I would double check your wiring connections on the phone that is causing all the problems.
- If you notice that the phone line goes dead when you use a different phone then the phone may have a problem, or the telephone wiring may be damaged.
- Go to the telephone wiring diagram and make sure the connections are correct.
Telephone Wiring Diagram
Phone Jack Wiring
- This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Phone Jack and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Ceiling Fan Remote Control Wiring||Understanding Automatic Gate Opening Systems|