How To Configure a Solar Panel and Battery System
The Basics for Designing A Solar Panel System – The solar panels will need to be selected and located based on the type of exposure to the sunlight. The storage batteries will need to be calculated using the same type of factors as well.
Designing A Solar Panel and Battery System
Electrical Question: I want to know how I could wire a dormitory accommodating 80 students using solar panels and batteries only.
The dormitory has 10 security lights and 26 internal lights.
Additional Comments: Very good and helpful.
Background: John, a Electrical worker from Nairobi Kenya
See more about Home Wiring for Africa
Thanks for your electrical wiring question John.
The Basics for Designing A Solar Panel System
- When designing a solar project like this you must begin by
- adding up the total watts that will be consumed
- the number of hours these electrical devices will be in operation in order to size the solar panel system.
- The solar panels will need to be selected and located based on the type of exposure to the sunlight.
- The storage batteries will need to be calculated using the same type of factors as well.
I have provided the following resources that lead to fully detailed information on this website that will assist you with your electrical question:
- You have many options for using renewable energy at home from solar-powered outdoor lights to buying renewable energy from your utility to even producing solar electricity at home with photovoltaic (PV) cells.
For more information about Wiring Diagram
- Wiring Diagram
- Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
This link is helpful as a Electrical Worker:
Electrical Code Articles
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wiring!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester, [amazon.com], I use for the detection of Standard Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
|« Voltage Readings and Dryer Outlets||What To Do With Incorrect Electrical Wiring »|