How Dusk To Dawn Light Fixtures Work
Why Dusk To Dawn Light Fixtures are a Good Choice for Security Lighting: Adjusting a Dusk to Dawn Fixture for Optimal Lighting
The Features of Dusk To Dawn Light Fixtures
Electrical Question: I recently bought a light for my porch outside and I also bought a dusk till dawn sensor light.
- The light works comes on at dusk like it is supposed to, but the light is real dim.
- I tried a higher watt bulb but the light did not get any brighter.
- I noticed if you touch the sensor with your finger the light will go brighter like it should be but move your finger goes right back being dim.
- I also noticed the light flickers when it is on. Any help would be appreciated.
This electrical question came from: Garrett, a Homeowner from Fort Pierce, Florida, Alabama.
Thanks for your electrical question Garrett.
Dusk To Dawn Light Fixture Sensors
Why Dusk To Dawn Light Fixtures are a Good Choice for Security Lighting
- Two Levels of Light
- Dusk to dawn light fixtures are made to produce different levels of light which enables them to provide illumination while saving energy.
- Make sure that the dusk to dawn light sensor is not in a position where it will see too much light from other light fixtures which could interfere with the sensing and light levels being produced by the dusk to dawn light.
- Adjusting a Dusk to Dawn Fixture
- Switches are provided for adjusting the settings for your specific dusk to dawn light fixture for the optimal performance.
- If the dusk to dawn light sensor cannot be adjusted to compensate for other lighting nearby then you may be able to place an auxiliary hood cover over one area of the sensor to prevent the light of other fixtures from interfere with the sensor.
More about Dusk to Dawn Fixtures
- Installing Motion Detector Light Fixtures
- Installing motion detector lighting fixtures provide security and energy savings and they can easily replace an existing exterior wall fixture.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|« Verifying Fan Connections With A Wiring Diagram||How to Know if your AC Circuit Breaker or Fuse is Correct »|