Guide to Longer Lasting Light Bulbs
Here are a few tips for longer lasting recessed can light, and other light bulbs as well – These are the types of light bulbs that are best for ceiling fan light fixtures because of the constant vibration that is produced by the fan motor.
How to Select Longer Lasting Light Bulbs and LED lights
[ad#block]Lighting Question: We have recessed lighting in our stairs (in the risers) and the light bulbs keep burning out.
- I’m using 4watt nightlight style bulbs.
- Should I try a lower wattage?
This electrical question came from: Linnet, a Homeowner from Saskatoon, Canada.
See more about Home Wiring for Canada
Thanks for your home lighting question Linnet.
Selecting Longer Lasting Lights and LED Bulbs
Here are a few tips for longer lasting recessed can light, and other light bulbs as well.
- If you want to use incandescent light bulbs, then select the Rough Service or 130 Volt light bulbs.
- The rough service light bulbs have a heavy duty filament and will definitely last longer.
- These are the types of light bulbs that are best for ceiling fan light fixtures because of the constant vibration that is produced by the fan motor.
LED Light Bulbs
- The selection of LED lamps are becoming wide and many, and the prices are beginning to come down as well.
- When you consider an LED light as a replacement to your light fixture, just ,make sure that the physical size, voltage and watts are compatible with your existing light fixture.
- If you have a dimmer switch that controls the light fixture, make sure the the LED light bulbs you consider are compatible with your dimmer switch as well.
The Following will assist you with Home Lighting:
Home Lighting Articles
Home Lighting Articles covering:
- Recessed lighting
- Under cabinet lighting.
- Lighting terminology
- and more.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- This article is about recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements.
- Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Lighting, Recessed Can Light and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Is Your Foreign Made Light Fixture Safe?||How to Splice Copper and Aluminum Electrical Wires|