Electrical Wiring for Closet Light Fixtures
How to Install Closet Lighting – This method of lighting for a closet is fine because the fluorescent light fixture provides an area that is approved for making the wiring connections and bonding the ground wire to the frame of the light fixture.
Electrical Wiring Methods for Closet Lighting
I have 2 small closets in my house that each have a single fluorescent bulb fixture above the inside of the door affixed to the header.
- There is no box, simply a Romex wire coming through the wall (sheet rock).
- I want to change this. I know the header will prevent me from installing a box.
- I haven’t been able to find any fixtures that will work with the current setup. What do you suggest?
This electrical wiring question came from: George, a Homeowner from Lawrenceburg, Tennessee.
Additional Comments: Great.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question George.
How to Install Closet Lighting
- This method of lighting for a closet is fine because the fluorescent light fixture provides an area that is approved for making the wiring connections and bonding the ground wire to the frame of the light fixture.
- Basically the light fixture has a junction box enclosure installed within the light fixture.
- The wiring methods for protecting and splicing the wiring are to be followed when using this type of light fixture.
|« Outside Lighting Wiring Diagram||Wiring Diagrams for Wiring Lights from a Wall Plug »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.