Electrical Power Quality
How to Select a Power Conditioning Unit – Constant-voltage transformers which provide voltage regulation, filter noise, and suppress surges to protect connected equipment.
Power Conditioning for Critical Home Office Equipment
I’m looking for a Power Conditioning Unit and need someone to point me in the right direction as far as what to buy.
- I need to put a voltage regulator ‘on the line’ coming into a sub box.
- This box powers 1/2 of one floor with 2 power critical machines that run on 220V.
- I also run computers in this area. This is a home run biz.
The power used would be ‘equivalent’ to, I’d say, 2 whole house central-air units.
I believe I have single-phase 220 service but am not 100% sure on that.
I am not so concerned about voltage drops but very concerned about spikes and wave’s in power in the 220 lines. My machines are such that I can not get parts for them easily and a power problem would be disaster.
Ive looked on Grainger but am confused as to what is there. Many of the regulators are 3-phase and I don’t know what a conditioner does.
Thanks for the help.
This electrical wiring question came from: David, a Homeowner from Denver, CO
Additional Comments: I have basic electric knowledge.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question David.
How to Select a Power Conditioning Unit
Power Conditioning and Surge Protection for Home Office Equipment
- Actually you were headed in the right direction. Go back to Granger and look at the Tripp Lite and Sola Power Conditioners, specifically Granger item # 6NW08. I have installed a few of these in Data Centers and they are superior
- Constant-voltage transformers which provide voltage regulation, filter noise, and suppress surges to protect connected equipment. Make a list of the electrical loads to help you size the unit for your application.
The Following will assist you with a Power Conditioning Unit
Home electrical power quality issues can create a number of problems. The article will inform you about devices that will help prevent power quality occurrences from happening in your home.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Ceiling Fan Wiring Diagrams||How To Wire An Outlet From A Switch »|