Electric Stove Hot Plates Not Heating
Why are my Defy Stove hot plates not heating up all the way? How to Repair or Replace DEFY Hot Plates.
DEFY Hob Stove Hot Plate Problem
[ad#block]Electrical Question #1: Why are my Defy Stove hot plates not heating up all the way?
My stove hot plates are not heating up all the way.
- My defy electric 4-plate stove has only 2-small plates functioning despite having turned all switches on. What can be the problem?
- You need to turn all four switches in order for the two plates to on.
- I replaced all four of the stoves hot plates.
- Now the plates only get warm, not HOT.
- I have a DEFY Slimline 600 S.
Could you please help!
This electrical wiring question came from Patrick, a Homeowner from Cape Town, South Africa.
Electrical Question #2: I have a defy 835 glass top stove, some time back one plate stopped working then they all followed suit as time went by.
I had an electrician look at it and when he bridged the plate it came back on which tells me there must be something electrically wrong with switches.
This electrical repair question came from: Sean, in the United Kingdom.
Electrical Question #3:
- I have a double oven 4 plate stove Gemini defy. Two of the plates are not working. They worked before. What is needed to be replaced if faulty?
This electrical wiring question came from Jan in the United Kingdom, UK.
Thank you for your electrical questions.
How to Troubleshoot a DEFY Hot Plate Problem
Application: Defy 220 Volt Hot Plate Wiring.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best performed by a Certified Electrician or Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the available access to the DEFY hot plate wiring.
Precaution: Identify the DEFY circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the hot plate wiring.
Note: Replacement hot plates or burners must be for the same make, model, voltage and watt rating.
Electric Circuit Power for Defy Hob Stove Plates
- When the Defy hot plates do not heat this indicates that one pole of the power is not functioning at the unit.
- During normal operation the appliance must be connected to the mains through a double pole isolating switch which has a minimum clearance between the contacts of 3 mm. in both poles.
- Make certain that both poles of the isolating switch are in the ON position.
- If your stove has a disconnect switch make sure that both poles of the switch are functioning properly and the defy is getting full power.
- If the circuit power has been tested and is found to be normal, then the control switch and the hot plates will need to be tested and replaced if found to be faulty.
More about 220 Volt Stove Wiring
Wiring a Kitchen Range
Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
- Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system.
- How a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range is wired, and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: Wiring Diagrams
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Defy, Electric, Stove and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Ask The Electrician – Electrical Questions and Answers Database||How To Install A 3-Way Motion Sensor Switch|