DANGER – Do Not Power Wash Your Fixtures or Outlets!
Question: I have a property light mounted over my garage door. I was hosing off the garage and sprayed the light and heard a pop sound. Answer: Spraying ANY electrical device with water is EXTREMELY Dangerous!
Electrical Question from Jim about Light Switch Wiring
[ad#block]Question: I have a property light mounted over my garage door. I was hosing off the garage and sprayed the light and heard a pop sound. I checked the breakers and also replaced the bulb. The light no longer comes on at dusk??
Thanks for your electrical question.
Jim it sounds like you hosed the circuitry inside your light fixture dusk to dawn module. You need a new fixture! This can also happen to Motion Detector Fixtures.
Spraying ANY Electrical Device with Water is EXTREMELY Dangerous, Even GFCI Protected Devices.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Light Switch Wiring
Light Switch Wiring
This link is helpful as a Handyman
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: How-To-Videos
Be Careful and Be Safe – Never Work on Energized Circuits!
For Best Results Consult a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Locate An Electrical Contractor in Your Area
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical, Safety and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Circuit Breaker Trips In Home Wiring||You Can Control Anything Using X-10 Devices!|