» Home » Electrical Wiring Projects
» Residential Electrical Wiring: Dave's Guide to Home Wiring
Checking Baseboard Heating Units
How to Check a Baseboard Electric Heater if the unit is not working properly
Electrical Circuits and Baseboard Heaters
[ad#block]I’m having a problem with my baseboard heaters.
- One only seems to be putting out half heat or less?
- The other two in the basement are not working at all.
- The electrical power is getting to the unit but not heating?
This electrical question came from: A Homeowner from , Alabama.
Thanks for your electrical question.
How to Check a Baseboard Heater
Electric Baseboard Heaters
- The electrical circuits should be checked to make sure the circuit is providing full power.
- T0 reset the electrical circuit power locate the circuit breaker in the electrical panel, turn it all the way OFF, and then back ON.
- Adjust the thermostat control to turn the heater ON, then make sure the heater comes up to the desired temperature and then turns OFF automatically.
- If the heater still does not appear to be working then a qualified electrician should be called to perform circuit voltage tests.
- Electrical heaters typically require dedicated 120 or 240 volt circuits and require the special skills of an experienced electrician.
More about Home Electrical Wiring
- Basement Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Basement Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Wall Heater and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Dimmer Switch for LED Light Fixture||Solution for Sparking Light Switches|