Ceiling Fan Remote for a Fluorescent Light
How to Wire a Ceiling Fan with a Remote Control for the Light Fixture: Troubleshooting a Ceiling Fan Light with Remote Control.
Ceiling Fan Remote Control for Lights
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I have a ceiling fan that is controlled by a remote control.
- The ceiling fan has a fluorescent light.
- There is a device inside the circular light but I am not sure what it is for.
- Is this florescent light a self starter?
- Is there a separate starter that is required for ceiling fan lights?
This electrical wiring question came from: Norm, a Handyman from San Antonio, Texas.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Norm.
Ceiling Fan Light Kits with Remote Control
Application: Ceiling Fan Remote Control.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best if wired by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Materials: Make sure the remote control unit is fully compatible with the ceiling fan you have and the size of the lamps that will be installed in the fixture.
Troubleshooting a Ceiling Fan Light with Remote Control
- The light fixture portion of the ceiling fan should work independently for the fan motor.
- Typically there is a separate wire for the light fixture, and the ceiling fan light may have a separate pull chain switch for the light fixture which needs to be in the ON position.
- A wall switch for the ceiling fan must be in the ON position before the remote control unit will operate.
- Make sure the lamps or light bulbs in the ceiling fan light are functioning, and replace as needed.
More about Wiring Ceiling Fans with a Remote Control
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Light Fixture and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Eliminate Static Noise||Wire Colors for Phone Jack Wiring|