Adding a Remote Control Module to a Ceiling Fan
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan – A remote control module may be installed for a ceiling fan that has three way switches. Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide.
Remote Control Modules for Ceiling Fans
Electrical Question: Can I wire a ceiling fan remote control to a three way switch?
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan
- Yes, a remote control module may be installed for a ceiling fan that has three way switches.
- It should be understood that the switches must be in the position where they are providing power to the ceiling fan so that the remote control modules have power in order for them to function.
- Another way to describe this is that the wall switches over ride the functions of the remote control modules.
- The same is true for the pull chain switches on the ceiling fan, which must be in the FULL ON position otherwise the remote control will not function properly.
How to Wire Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
- Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wiring!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester, [amazon.com], I use for the detection of Standard Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
|« How to Reset an Electric Circuit Breaker||Don’t Burn Your House Down – The Key to Safe Extension Cords »|