220 Volt Circuit for Equipment From Another Country
Circuit Requirements for Foreign Electrical Equipment: Here are some examples of electrical power here in the USA at industrial and some commercial buildings.
Wiring Foreign Electrical Equipment
Electrical Question: I have a system coming from another country that is 220volt single phase.
- In the country where it is made they say the wiring is A hot B neutral C Ground for 220Volt.
- My electrical guy is coming to wire 10/3 A hot (110) B Hot (110) =220V and C Ground on a dual pole breaker will the dual pole breaker Supply one 220v one neutral?
- I understand the ground part. I Am lost with the instructions and need some help.
- This new system is about 4K and runs at 5200Watts. To return it because of problems will be costly plus transportation fees.
This electrical wiring question came from: David, a Homeowner from Utah.
Additional Comments: The website looks Great but I have not found a diagram about foreign electronics single phase 220volt on USA dual electric system.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question David.
220Volt Wiring Foreign Electrical Equipment
- The voltage for this equipment must be fully identified because there are several power configurations.
- Here are some examples of electrical power here in the USA at industrial and some commercial buildings: 120/240, 277/480 volt. With these two examples 120 and 277 volts are circuits consisting of one hot wire, one neutral, and the ground wire of different power systems.
- Our 220-240 volt system is typically two hot wires out of phase, and in rare exceptions a 220 volt stinger leg is used in some commercial and industrial applications for motor loads. It would be best to positively identify the power specification for this equipment before connecting it to any circuit.
More about Wiring 22oVolt Single Phase
Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
Wiring 220 Volt Electrical Outlet
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how electrical outlets for the home are wired.
|« Installing New Trims for Recessed Can Light Fixtures||Changing a Hot Tub Electrical Circuit »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
220 Volt Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.