||During an Outage:
When the power is out unplug or turn off all electric appliances to avoid overloading circuits and causing fire hazards when power is restored.
Leave a single lamp on to alert you when power returns.
Turn your appliances back on one at a time when conditions return to normal.
If you have a standby generator, make sure that it's installed safely and inform your electric utility company to avoid risking damage to your property and endangering electrical power line workers who may be working on nearby power lines.
Avoid the risk of fire by not using candles.
If you must use candles, keep them away from drapes, lampshades and small children.
Do not leave candles unattended.