» How to Wire it Right: Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
» Electrical Problem? Ask a Question!
Structured Home Wiring
By Dave Rongey
This article provides a great introduction and explanation about Home Entertainment Systems and Structured Wiring which serves as am interface for your electronic devices to serve you to the highest ability.
Home entertainment systems and Home Networks
|What is Structured Wiring?
Structured Wiring is very similar to a home’s electrical system, which includes a load center connected to an external service.
The home entertainment systems structured wiring network center is connected to external services (telephone, cable, television, satellite, and internet).
Inside the network center, each incoming signal is split and sent down wires to efficiently distribute a variety of data signal throughout the home.
Home entertainment systems provide endless possibilities without the need for rewiring in most cases.
Customized Modular Networking
The home entertainment systems central enclosure is available in different configurations and sizes. If you are on a budget, you can install a basic home entertainment systems network system that will provide simple cable TV and telephone distribution. At a later date, you can add a variety of hubs to enable additional features such as a computer network, enhanced video distribution, CCTV, and more. Wire your external lines through a network cabinet today and the possibilities are endless.
Most Popular Structured Wiring Devices
Having home entertainment systems structured wiring means:
- No cutting into walls to reconfigure cables and wires
- More cost efficient alterations
- No costly rewiring
- A manageable network center
- Increased home value resale and marketability
Here you find an overview of the most popular structured wiring devices available.
Structured Wiring Systems Integration
When you are ready to expand your home entertainment systems networking, you can plug into these advanced system components.
Phone and Data
Create a LAN (Local Area Network).
- Access the Internet via DSL or cable modem from any networked outlet in your home
- Share computer files and folders
- Share printers, fax machines, scanners and other devices
- Add additional phone lines without rewiring your home
- Listen to your stereo in multiple rooms throughout the house with your home entertainment systems.
Home entertainment systems home control products offer integrated security, lighting control, and energy management.
- Adjust temperature and lighting from anywhere via telephone or internet
- Set lighting to illuminate based on motion or activity
Add flexibility to your video capabilities and minimize the number of electronics you need.
- Watch movies from one DVD player or VCR on multiple TVs in the home
- With just a TV and the remote control, comfortably watch DVD's out by the pool, while your DVD players sits safely in the bedroom.
- Monitor what your children are watching from your own TV.
Closed Circuit TV
Increase your family’s security with home entertainment systems video cameras viewable from any TV in the house.
- Increase security by installing cameras at entrances to the home
- Play safe by having a video camera at your pool
- Gain peace of mind by installing a monitor in the nursery