» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Wiring a Light Fixture to a 4-Way Switch
How to Wire a 4-Way Switch with Helpful Wiring Diagrams – The wiring will need to be tested and identified to see if there is a hot and neutral, or that the power source starts at the 4-way switch box.
Understanding 4-Way Switch Wiring
[ad#block]Electrical Question: Can I wire an outside light off of a 4 way switch and have power all the time?
This electrical wiring question came from: Larry, a Electrician from Glen Elder, Kansas.
See more about Home Wiring for Kansas
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Larry.
How to Wire a 4-Way Switch with Helpful Wiring Diagrams
- Larry, it all depends on the wiring that is found in the 4-way switch box that you want to wire the outside light to.
- The wiring will need to be tested and identified to see if there is a hot and neutral, or that the power source starts at the 4-way switch box.
- Generally, the power source starts at either one of the 3-way switch boxes or up at the fixture.
The Following will assist you to Wire 4-Way Switches:
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.For more information about Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about 4 Way Switch Wiring, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Planning Electrical Circuit Wiring||Connecting Dimmer Switch Wiring|