» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Wiring Generator Transfer Switch Applications
Planning the Electrical Wiring for a Generator Transfer Switch
Considerations When Wiring a Generator Transfer Switch
[ad#block]Electrical Question: Where do I wire the floating neutral from a generator to the transfer switch when going straight to a ups system?
- Two legs 120 vac 15kv generator
- Going through a transfer switch to a ups system
This electrical question came from: Chris, a Electrician from Brookeland, Texas
See more about Home Wiring for Texas
Thanks for your electrical question Chris.
Electrical Wiring for a Generator and Transfer Switch
- Check the specification of the UPS with respect to the application and transfer switch that you are installing
- Because you are using a UPS these connections must be application specific
- More about Generators and Transfer Switches
- The Importance of a Generator Transfer Switch
- Generator Questions and Answers
- Generator Transfer Switches
- Home Generator
This link is helpful as a Electrician
Home Electrical Codes
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Automatic Transfer Switch, Generator and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Signs of a Failing Circuit Breaker||Reconnecting Ceiling Fan Wires|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.