Wiring for a Ceiling Light Fixture to Replace a Ceiling Fan
How to Modify the Electrical Wiring for a Ceiling Light Fixture
Electrical Wiring Modification for a Ceiling Light Fixture
We are replacing a ceiling fan with a light with just a light, the previous wiring ran to the fan and one outlet.
- What is the best way to wire this?
This electrical question came from: Shawn, a Homeowner from Morganton, NC
Additional Comments: The site is awesome. Thanks for a great resource.
Thanks for your electrical question Shawn.
- A switch should be installed to control the new light fixture.
- There could be a wire installed from the supplying outlet and taken to a wall switch.
- he wiring connections would need to be altered for this new switch.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Lighting For The Home
- Lighting Electrical Codes
- Light Switch Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Light Fixture, Lighting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|HELP – My Wii Won’t Work!||Wall Sconce Switch Electrical Wiring Diagram|