» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Why Track Lights Get Hot
I wired a track light but it is hot around the light is that common? Track Light Heads and High Heat Problems
Causes of Track Lights to Get Hot
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I wired a track light but it is hot around the light is that common?
This electrical question came from Mark, a Homeowner from Wareham, MA.
Thanks for your electrical question Mark.
Track Lights That Get Hot
- Track Light Heads and High Heat Problems
- Track light heads get hot as a result of the type and size of the lamp that is installed in the track light head.
- The larger the light bulb and the higher the amount of watts that the lamp will produce, the hotter the track light head will get.
- Each track light head or lamp assembly will have a specified lamp type and maximum watt size that is recommended for best performance.
- If larger output lamps are installed then there is a great chance that the track light head will be damaged, and may be a fire hazard.
- Be sure to stay within the specified limits to make so your track lights will be safe.
The Following will assist you with Home Lighting
Planning and Installing Home Lighting
- Home lighting articles covering recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, lighting terminology and more.
- Lighting For The Home
- Lighting Electrical Codes
- For more information about Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Track Lights and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Wiring for Electricians, Homeowners and Students||Electrical Calculations for Light Fixtures|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.