» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Why Several Electrical Circuits May Not Be Working
How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Circuit Problems – If the full power is not restored then it is very possible that your electrical service may have lost one side of the electrical power to the electrical service panel.
Possible Cause of Multiple Circuits Failing
[ad#block]Electrical Question:I blew a circuit breaker earlier today and fixed it but now I still have electrical problems.
- But ever since my fridge furnace garage and dryer will not work!
- I flipped all the circuit breakers multiple times.
- Why are certain things not working?
Background: Gillian, a Homeowner in Michigan.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Gillian.
How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Circuit Problems
- Gillian, make sure that the circuit breaker that has blown has been fully turned off then back on.
- If the full power is not restored then it is very possible that your electrical service may have lost one side or one leg of the electrical power to the electrical service panel.
- Voltage tests will need to be made by a competent electrician to identify the problem and then perform the necessary repairs.
The Following will assist you troubleshoot your electrical wiring:
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
- Circuit Breakers
- House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
- Circuit Wiring
- Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring.
- When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
- Electrical Newsletters Archive
- Ask The Electrician Electrical Newsletters Archive
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Circuit Breaker and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Shower Light Switch Wiring||Causes of Light or Switch Delay|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.