Why Several Electrical Circuits May Not Be Working
How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Circuit Problems – If the full power is not restored then it is very possible that your electrical service may have lost one side of the electrical power to the electrical service panel.
Possible Cause of Multiple Circuits Failing
[ad#block]Electrical Question:I blew a circuit breaker earlier today and fixed it but now I still have electrical problems.
- But ever since my fridge furnace garage and dryer will not work!
- I flipped all the circuit breakers multiple times.
- Why are certain things not working?
Background: Gillian, a Homeowner in Michigan.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Gillian.
How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Circuit Problems
- Gillian, make sure that the circuit breaker that has blown has been fully turned off then back on.
- If the full power is not restored then it is very possible that your electrical service may have lost one side or one leg of the electrical power to the electrical service panel.
- Voltage tests will need to be made by a competent electrician to identify the problem and then perform the necessary repairs.
The Following will assist you troubleshoot your electrical wiring:
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
- Circuit Breakers
- House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
- Circuit Wiring
- Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring.
- When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
- Electrical Newsletters Archive
- Ask The Electrician Electrical Newsletters Archive
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Circuit Breaker and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Shower Light Switch Wiring||Causes of Light or Switch Delay|