Why Kitchen Outlets Stop Working
Why did my kitchen outlets stop working? How to Identify the Causes of Lost Power to Your Kitchen Outlets.
Causes of Lost Power to Kitchen Outlets
Electrical Wiring Question: Why did my kitchen outlets stop working?
All the electrical outlets in my kitchen went out all of a sudden.
The fan and light work. My house is about 45 years old. The original electrical wiring and circuit breaker panel has not been updated. What should I look for?
This electrical wiring question came from: Paul, a Homeowner from St. Louis, Missouri.
See more about Home Wiring for Missouri
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Paul.
Possible Causes of Lost Power to Kitchen Outlets
- The following electrical devices should be checked:
- Look for a tripped GFI outlet
- A tripped circuit breaker
- A blown fuse
- If your kitchen does not have a GFI outlet and the circuit breakers are all working then there may be one of the following:
- A burnt connection or electrical wiring splice in one of the outlet boxes.
- The circuit must be positively identified.
- The circuit must be turned OFF.
- Individual outlets and switches of the circuit should be examined.
- Electrical repairs to burnt wiring or splices must be replaced or repaired
- Electrical outlets with burnt or faulty wiring connections must be replaced.
Faulty electrical wiring is best identified and repaired by a licensed electrical contractor.
More about Electrical Outlets
Electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
Electric Circuit Listing
The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
For more information about Outlet Wiring
How to Install Electrical Outlets
Wiring Electrical Outlets
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Wiring Electrical Outlets with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Kitchen Receptacles and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Laundry Room and Dryer Electrical Wiring||Electrical Code and Protecting NM Cable|