» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Why Did I Loose Power To My Wall Outlets?
It is unlikely that your breaker is burnt, especially if the problem is isolated to only one wall. Chances are that there is a….
Electrical Question from Jason about Circuit Wiring
Background: Jason, a Homeowner from Indpls, IN
[ad#block]Question: I have no power on front wall but have power in the rest of the house and checked breaker and it had not been tripped, is it possible to burn up that breaker.
Thanks for your electrical question Jason. It is unlikely that your breaker is burnt, especially if the problem is isolated to only one wall. Chances are that there is a loose or burnt connection in one of the outlet or switch boxes. The circuit should be shut off and each outlet box in the affected area should be removed so the wiring can be inspected. Once the problem is discovered then necessary repairs will be needed. This can be done best by a licensed electrical contractor.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Circuit Wiring
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: How-To-Videos
Be Careful and Be Safe – Never Work on Energized Circuits!
For Best Results Consult a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Locate An Electrical Contractor in Your Area
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Electrical, Troubleshooting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Why Do My New Light Fixtures Trip The Circuit Breaker Off?||Why Won’t My GFI Outlet Reset?|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.