Why a Dryer Does Not Dry Clothes
Our dryer quit blowing hot air. Any idea what could cause two dryers to do this?
Clothes Dryer Problem
Electrical Question: Why did our dryer quit blowing hot air?
- Our dryer quit blowing hot air last weekend and we replaced with a refurbished one and it is having the same issue.
- We had an electrician check and the plug is getting appropriate electricity.
- Any idea what could cause two dryers to do this (all fuses thermostats etc show continuity).
This electrical wiring question came from Chris, a Homeowner in Mississippi.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Chris.
Problem with a Clothes Dryer
Application: Problem with a Clothes Dryer.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. This electrical project is best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor or Certified Electrician.Contractor.
Electrical Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Voltage Tester, and appropriate Safety Gear.
Estimated Time: Depends on the personal level experience, ability to work with tools, install electrical circuit wiring, and the available access to the project area.
Electrical Safety: Identify the electrical power source to the Clothes Dryer, turn it OFF and Tag with a Note before working with the electrical wiring.
Electrical Wiring Parts and Materials: Electrical parts and materials for the Clothes Dryer should be approved for the specific project and compliant with local and national electrical codes.
Electrical Codes and Inspections: Installing or changing home electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes as adopted in your location. A permit and inspections may also be required.
Clothes Dryer Does Not Dry Clothes
This electrical wiring project is about a Problem with a Clothes Dryer in the Laundry of a Old Home.
Clothes Dryer Does Not Heat
Reviewing the Electrical Question:
- Our dryer quit blowing hot air last weekend and we replaced with a refurbished one and it is having the same issue. We had an electrician check and the plug is getting appropriate electricity.
- Chris, from the information you have provided, Make sure the dryer vent is clear and not obstructed. A clogged dryer vent will prevent air from exhausting which will prevent the dryer from heating.
- Please note that a clogged dryer vent could also be a potential fire hazard, therefore it is essential to have the dryer vent cleaned out.
More about Clothes Dryers
Laundry Room Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Laundry Room Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
3-Wire and 4-Wire Configurations for Clothes Dryers
See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet. Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How Should I Label Electric Service and Distribution Panels||Outlets Stopped After Heavy Rains|