Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm Damages the Dryer
After a lightning storm problem with clothes dryer.
[ad#block]Question: The power company came to the house and said that there was a problem in the house.
- The electrician found a reset button for the 110 plugs. He checked the dryer plug and said it was fine. He said it must be the dryer. The appliance man came to the house and said the dryer needed a motor.
- I gave my daughter a dryer that I know works. After changing the ponytail to fit in her outlet, the dryer did the same thing. She put the ponytail off her old dryer on the one I gave her. Can a ponytail go bad? She is very frustrated right now.
- It would be rare that the dryer cord (pony tail) would go bad. I would be certain that the cord has been installed correctly and that none of the wires have been reversed, as this could cause a potentially dangerous situation. Until this is checked, do not plug the dryer into the receptacle.
- Does the dryer cord have 3 wires or 4 wires? The wiring configurations for each is different.
- Because of the difficulty that you are having and the lack of experience with these electrical systems, I would encourage you to have a local qualified electrician help you with these situations to ensure that the necessary checks are performed and that the dryer is wired correctly.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Learn more about Home Electrical Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Partial Power Questions and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm with Circuit Breaker||Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm with Plugs and Dryer|