» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Sources for Electrical Training Courses
How Can I get Hands On Electrical Training? Opportunities for Electrical Work and Electrical Training, Electricians Looking for Work, Home Remodeling Projects, Learn the New Technologies, Learn about Electrical Parts and Materials.
Getting an Education for the Electrical Trade
[ad#block]Electrical Question: How Can I get Hands On Electrical Training?
- I am 50 years old, I have a degree in Electronic Engineering but unfortunately around the area I live there is not much demand for Electronics Engineers or Technicians, unless I travel over 50miles to the other side of Houston.
- I work for Lowe’s in League City, TX as the Electrical Professional, advising residence and/or contractors of any NEC/Local electrical codes to watch for when doing remodeling or improvements on their homes.
- I would like to take an Electricians Training Course but was wondering how I go about getting some kind of hands on training as I am doing the course and actually get involved with some electrical work.
Any advise will be grateful please, Or am I just to old now?
This electrical training question came from: Alan, a Handyman from Texas City, Texas.
Additional Comments: Great website, very informative.
Thanks for your electrical training question Alan.
Alan, my motto is your never too old as long as you are willing to learn and then use what you learn.
How to Get Electrical Training and Electrical Experience
Opportunities for Electrical Work and Electrical Training
- Electricians Looking for Work
The only problem is that there are a lot of electricians that are looking for work, but the other side of the story is that there are a lot of industrial electricians out of work and they do not know how homes are wired.
- Home Remodeling Projects
I personally feel that there will always be a great deal of home remodeling work, especially as new energy efficient devices come to the market and we see more electric cars come on the market.
- Electrical Education
I would encourage you to begin your electrical education and keep an eye on all the new technologies that are coming out.
- Learn the New Technologies
One problem I see with some established electrical companies is that they get set in their ways and turn down new work that has to do with areas they are not familiar with and they will not learn about these new devices and technology.
- Learn about Electrical Parts and Materials
One advantage that you have while working at Lowe’s is that you have the ability of getting very familiar with the parts and materials that are used for a wide variety of electrical projects.
- Educational Resources
During your breaks at work you can always thumb through one of the electrical wiring books from the book rack and read about the various projects and the process of installing wiring and opportunities with many fine electrical courses.
- Home Electrical Wiring Book
You may also want to check out my Home Electrical Wiring Book which is packed full of practical electrical wiring from an electrician’s personal experiences on the job.
- On The Job Training
More about Electrical Training and Electrical Courses that are available and you would be wise to try to get some experience with an established electrical company in your area who will help you receive some on the job training as well
The electrical trade is great to be in because everyone uses electricity every day.
More about Electrical Training
Electrical Code Articles
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit
- Electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets
- Electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project
- Electrical-services, electrical-underground
- Electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-codes
- Lighting-code, smoke-detectors
Home Electrical Contractor
Electrical Contractor Directory
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Training and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Avoid Home Improvement Electrical Wiring Problems||How to Get Electrical Training|