Shower Light Switch Wiring
How to Wire a Switch for a Bathroom Shower Light and Exhaust Fan – The wiring leads may be to the other device so that both the shower light and the fan are on the same switch.
Optional Shower Light Switch Wiring
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I want to wire a shower light and separate fan on one switch and I want to install electrical wiring for a bath tub light and the same separate fan on another switch, both switches in the same box.
Is this possible?
- I would just like to be able to turn the shower light and fan together without the bath light coming on and vise versa.
This electrical wiring question came from: Gary, a Homeowner from Cary, North Carolina.
See more about Home Wiring for North Carolina
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Gary.
How to Wire a Switch for a Bathroom Shower Light and Exhaust Fan
- If the switches are located in the same box, and they are fed from the same power source then yes, one switch can be eliminated and the switched wire may be spliced to the other remaining switch.
- The wiring leads may be to the other device so that both the shower light and the fan are on the same switch.
- For total separation and control for just about any switching combination a relay may be installed and the electrical wiring to control any switching scenario you wish.
- Each relay may be controlled by a wall switch.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
bathroom electrical wiring
Bathroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic bathroom electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
- Give your bathroom a face lift when you enhance the electrical devices that will bring out the best in you. Make your eyes sparkle with get a breath of fresh air when you install one of these smart upgrades.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, shower light and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Control Using Relay Contactors||Why Several Electrical Circuits May Not Be Working|