SCADA Systems and Home Automation
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls – SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems. We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
SCADA Systems and the Future of Home Electrical and Automation
[ad#block]What are the MERIT & DEMARITS OF SCADA SYSTEM.
This electrical question came from: S.M, a Homeowner from Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thanks for your electrical question S.M.
A Brief History of SCADA Systems
- SCADA, Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition system have been around for a long time, and are heavily relied on for manufacturing, especially in industrial applications.
- Automation and control systems are increasingly being installed into our homes which provide efficiency and energy savings.
- A SCADA system may be included in a stand alone device, or it may be a large system of devices that are networked together and controlled by one or more computer systems.
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls
- SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems.
- The demerits would be that they are only as good as their technological components, the code that is written for their control and how the database is generated and what the data is used for.
- Personally, I love technology, and I love programming. As the Word press programmers put it “Code is Poetry”, and I agree. The beauty of programming code and the machine that processes the instructions is that the performance can never be matched by a human.
- A computer does not have a mood, it will never get tired, it can function in the dark, and it does not need to be encouraged to do a good job. However the value of the result is based on the superiority of the code and the data it processes. As it is said, GIGO – Garbage In, Garbage Out.
- We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
The Following will assist you with Home Automation Systems
- Home Automation
- Home automation is about delivering practical control of your lighting, home and personal lifestyle which provides comfort and control and energy savings.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Learn more about Home Electrical Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical, SCADA Systems and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How To Wire An Outlet From A Switch||The 4th Ceiling Fan Wire|
How can I design and integrate a SCADA system into home appliances?
To successfully create a SCADA system to be used for home appliances you would first need to identify the desired functions or the functions and operations that the SCADA system would provide, this way you will be able to identify the number of analog or digital modules needed and the types of activities that will be programmed into the controller. In other words, begin with the end in mind, therefore the processes will identify the size of the SCADA system to be used and the necessary components and electrical materials that will need to be provided and installed.