Replacing Ceiling Light Fixtures with Ceiling Fans
How can I replace two ceiling light fixtures with two ceiling fans that also have a light kit? How to Wire Ceiling Fans and Wall Switches.
Wall Switch Wiring for Ceiling Fans
[ad#block]Electrical Question: How can I replace two ceiling light fixtures with two ceiling fans that also have a light kit?
- The 2 ceiling lights are controlled by one on and off wall switch. I need to know what wires are connected from the wall to the fans. I think there is a jumper cable from the 1st light to the second light.
- The cable coming from the wall switch is a 3-wire cable, white, black and a copper ground.
- Each fan has white, black and blue wires coming from it and a green ground wire on the fan bracket brace.
- I did try wiring the fans but when I turned the wall switch to the ON position, there was a pop and the black wire broke in 2 pieces.
- I need a diagram that shows the wiring from the wall switch to each fan showing exactly what wire connects to each other wire for the Hot, Neutral and Ground wires.
Thanks for any kind of help you can get me.
This electrical question came from: Darrell, from San Antonio, Texas.
Thanks for your electrical question Darrell.
How to Wire Ceiling Fans and Wall Switches
Application: Installing a Ceiling Fan.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best if wired by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the ceiling fan.
Precaution: Identify the ceiling fan circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Wiring Ceiling Fans and Wall Switches
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Fans, Electrical Wiring, Wiring Configurations, Wiring With Fixtures and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Adding Electrical Wiring in the Home Videos||Panel Wiring for a Home Theater|