» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Recessed Lighting Designs and Installation Factors
Installing Recessed Lighting: Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
- The floor joists measure approximately 7 inches depth.
- I intend using halo fixtures, model H7T for non insulated ceilings.
- The completed installation will provide approximately 1 inch clearance between top of fixture and wood flooring above.
- Am I safe and in NEC code compliance as long as I maintain at least one-half clearance.
This electrical wiring question came from: Eugene, a Homeowner from Waldwick, NJ.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Eugene.
Installing Recessed Lighting
Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
- The safety issue falls back to the fixture manufacturer and what are the allowable installations with respect to insulation and ventilation issues.
- Halo for example, has a wide range of recessed lighting fixtures, some of which are rated for zero clearance and others that do not.
- So the chosen fixture must meet the installation environment factors and and local building and energy codes as per the fixture specification sheet.
The Following will assist you with Recessed Lighting
How to Install Basement Electrical Wiring
Basement Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Basement Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Electrical Code Articles
Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, smoke-detector.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Lighting, Recessed Can Light and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Pass an Electrical Inspection for Recessed Lighting||Installing Pot Lights|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.