Planning and Installing Lighting for a Horse Barn
How to Plan and Installing Lighting: Each light fixture has its own unique type and quality of light that will be produced, Photo metrics will show the different type of light that will be produced and will be determined by several factors including the height of the fixture.
Planning a Lighting Layout for a Horse Barn
[ad#block]Electrical Question: We were told that there are diagrams or charts for how to space lights for large areas.
- Included in that is suppose to be height, length, and distances.
- Were we given the right information, and if so, how can we find on of them?
- The building is a horse barn, that is 110′ x 250′. With horse stalls on the outside of the footage listed.
This electrical question came from: Victoria, a Electrician from South Sioux City, Nebraska.
See more about Home Wiring for Nebraska
Additional Comments: Wonderfully informative!
Thanks for your electrical question Victoria.
Planning and Installing Lighting in a Horse Barn
- The information you are referring to is called photo metrics which helps with the planning for different types of lighting for different applications.
- Each light fixture has its own unique type and quality of light that will be produced.
- The major manufacturers of lighting fixtures typically include this information in their catalogs which is cross referenced to each light fixture.
- Photo metrics will show the different type of light that will be produced and will be determined by several factors including the height of the fixture, type of lamp and the type of lenses or covering.
- This information must be factored into the environment of the application, which will help determine any electrical code issues, the amount of light that will be required and the style or appearance that you desire, and the budget goals for your barn lighting project.
The Following will assist you with Planning and Installing Lighting
Planning and Installing Home Lighting
- Home lighting articles covering recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, lighting terminology and more.
Home Electrical Codes
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Lighting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Why Kitchen Receptacles Quit Working||Home Generator Repairs the Right Way|