Making Pigtails for Ground Wire Connections
How to Splice Ground Wires for Making Connections: Splicing Electrical Wires – This page shows a series of photos that demonstrate how to use a crimp sleeve for making pigtails to be used for grounding.
How To Splice All Those Ground Wires
Electrical Question: I have a 4 gang plastic box all with either 3-way or 4- way switches.
- I have 8 wires (14 gauge) coming into the box so I have 8 ground wires and I need 4 pigtails for ground the four switches.
- How to I connect all 12 ground wires?
- The biggest wire nut or compressing sleeve is for 6 wires.
This electrical wiring question came from: Frank, a Homeowner from Shelby Township, Michigan.
See more about Home Wiring for Michigan
Additional Comments: Great website.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Frank.
The Process of Splicing a lot of Electrical Wires
Frank, excellent question! .There are methods that can resolve this problem.
How to Splice Ground Wires for Making Connections
- Use a large Gray or Blue wire connector.
- Use 2 or 3 inline crimp sleeves that will allow a full length of 4 ground wires to extend far enough to allow attaching to the switch frame ground screws.
The Following will assist you with your Electrical Wiring Project
- Splicing Electrical Wires
- This page shows a series of photos that demonstrate how to use a crimp sleeve for making pigtails to be used for grounding.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
For more information about Electrical Code
- Home Electrical Code
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Pigtails for Grounding and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|The Secret To Longer Lasting Light Bulbs||GE Breaker Type Prevents Dryer From Working – Part 1|