LED Lights and Dimmer Switches
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches – Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
Can LED Lights Work With a Dimmer Switch
Electrical Question: We have a new home with a Loft ceiling fan with no light attached. It is on a switch that turns the fan on. Next to that switch is another single switch which turns on 2 recessed led lights. When I flip the switch for the fan, the led lights flicker. Our electrician says this is normal and we should just live with it. We also have a problem with a dimmer switch (another led light) which when turned to the lowest setting, the light will burn for a while and then go off.
This home electrical question came from: Laura, a Homeowner from San Marcos, Texas.
Thanks for your home electrical question Laura.
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches
- The LED lights and the dimmer switch must be compatible with each other for normal operation. Traditional dimmer switches work fine with incandescent light fixtures, however various new lights have electronic circuit components that will require dimmer switches specifically for these new lights.
- Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
- As for the comment from the electrician where you will just have to live with it, well I would rather think that he would have looked into the problem and find the solution for you.
More about Installing Lighting and Dimmer Switches
How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- Installing recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about LED Lights and Dimmers and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How To Wire a Outlet with a Switch||Problems with Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches|