Installing MC Cable for Home Wiring
How to Install MC Cable for Electrical Circuit Wiring: MC cable is required to be installed in some locations for home electrical wiring and is often used when wiring outlets and lighting circuits. The installation of MC Cable must be according to applicable codes including the following guidelines.© By: Dave Rongey
Methods for Installing MC Cable
[ad#block]Electrical Question: When running MC cable inside the wall going from box to box does it need tied down?
This electrical question came from: Tony, a Electrician from Irvine, California.
See more about Electrical Wiring for California
Additional Comments: Very good website – very helpful.
Thanks for your electrical question Tony.
How to Install MC Cable for Electrical Circuit Wiring
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Tools Required: Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools for Rough-In Wiring, Electric Drill and Auger Bits and Extension Cord.
Estimated Time: Depends on the extent of the project, the type of construction and available access to the project area..
Precaution: Any existing wiring in the immediate area that may interfere with the installation should be identified and turned OFF and Tagged.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring should be done with a permit and be inspected.
MC Cable for Electrical Wiring
MC cable is required to be installed in some locations for home electrical wiring and is often used when wiring outlets and lighting circuits. The installation of MC Cable must be according to applicable codes including the following guidelines:
- MC cable needs to be supported as follows:
- The same as when running Romex wiring.
- Secured or supported every 4 feet 6 inches.
- Secured with 8 inches of the box.
- Insert insulated bushing sleeves at each end of the cable.
More about Electrical Wiring Methods
For more information about Electrical Code
- Home Electrical Code
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance.
- One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
This link is helpful as a Electrician
Electrical Code Articles
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about Cable, Electrical Wiring, MC Cable and Home Electrical Wiring:
|« Previous||Next »|