Installing an Electrical Circuit for a Whirlpool Tub
How to Install an Electrical Circuit for a Whirlpool Tub: Where a 240 volt circuit is required with a neutral a 3-wire cable with a ground must be installed, 4 wires in all.
Components of a Whirlpool Electrical Circuit
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I am installing a model 2004 whirlpool outside on my patio.
- Where it was removed from had 3 wire 6 gauge cable run from the house to a box outside with a 50 a GFI.
- This box had a ground wire ran to a ground stake.
- Then 6 gauge cable ran about 6 ft to the whirlpool.
- On new install we were going to run 6 gauge 3wire with a ground to 50a GFI box.
- Then 6 gauge 3-wire cable 6 ft to whirlpool.
- Inside panel at the whirlpool it has 2 lugs for hot and a ground lug strip.
- Outside of panel on same box is another ground lug strip.
- Should we connect neutral to inside ground strip and ground to strip outside box?
- Both should be same electrically.
- And should this unit have its own ground stake?
Background: Charles , a Homeowner in Indiana.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Charles.
How to Install an Electrical Circuit for a Whirlpool Tub
- The ground and neutral must be separated.
- Where a 240 volt circuit is required with a neutral a 3-wire cable with a ground must be installed, 4 wires in all.
- The ground should run back to the panel where the circuit originates and be bonded.
- Make sure you get a permit to install the electrical circuit wiring and have an inspection.
The Following will assist you with your Whirlpool Tub
- Electrical Junction Boxes
- GFCI Outlet Wiring
- Electrical Grounding
- Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- GFCI wiring
Wiring Diagram GFI
The features and benefits of GFCI outlets and receptacles will give you a clear understanding of the importance why these safety devices are required by code to help protect you and your family against accidental electrical shock hazards.
House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Hot Tub Wiring
Hot Tub Wiring
- Electrical Codes and Details for Spa and Hot Tub Wiring.
- Essentials for your installation, including the required GFCI ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical, Whirlpool and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Installing Underground Wiring for a Shed||Why Recessed Can Lights Turn On and Off|