» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Installing a Counter Top Receptacle
How to Position and Install Counter Top Electric Outlet Receptacles – The Standard Height for Installing Counter Top Electric Outlet Receptacles – If this work is being done in an existing home then it is best to match the height of the existing receptacles or switches.
Standard Height for Installing Counter Top Receptacles.
[ad#block]Electrical Question: What is the standard height of over the counter top receptacles?
This electrical wiring question came from: Ron, a Homeowner from Decatur IL
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Ron.
How to Position and Install Counter Top Electric Outlet Receptacles
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the number of outlets that will be replaced.
Precaution: Identify the outlet circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional outlet wiring should be done with a permit and be inspected.
The Standard Height for Installing Counter Top Electric Outlet Receptacles
- The standard height for over the counter top receptacles is the same as the wall switches which is about 44 inches to the bottom of the box or 46 inches to the center of the receptacle box.
- If this work is being done in an existing home then it is best to match the height of the existing receptacles or switches.
The Following resources will assist you with your electrical question:
electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Electrical wiring for the home includes 110 volt outlets
- 220 volt outlets and receptacles are common place in the laundry room and the kitchen.
- See how electrical wiring for outlets in the home is installed.
You identified your project to be about Outlet Wiring, so you might find this information useful:
Wiring Electrical Receptacles
For more information about Rewiring a Home
Rewiring a Home
Rewiring a Home
- Great ideas for home upgrading your electrical wiring which will add value to your home and bring it up to the current safety and energy efficient electrical codes.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Outlets, Receptacle and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Light Switch Grounding and Position||Learn About LED Lighting|