Installing a Circuit for an Electric Stove
How to Upgrade From a Gas Stove to an Electric Stove – To upgrade from a gas stove to an electric stove a new dedicated electric circuit will need to be installed.
Upgrading From a Gas Stove to an Electric Stove
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I was just wondering how much it would cost to rewire from a gas stove to an electric stove.
This Electrical Question came from: Sarah, from Loves Park, Illinois
See more about Local Electrical Wiring in Illinois
Thanks for your Kitchen Stove question Sarah
The Basics of Installing an Electrical Circuit for an Electric Stove
- To upgrade from a gas stove to an electric stove a new dedicated electric circuit will need to be installed.
- Typically this will be a 240 volt 50 amp 4-wire dedicated circuit.
- The cost to install the new circuit will depend greatly on the home and the location of the kitchen in relation to where the electrical panel is located.
- Next the cost to install the stove circuit will depend on the available access or method that will be required to install the circuit from the panel to the location of the stove.
- In order to give an accurate estimated cost to install the stove circuit a visit to the home will be necessary by a qualified electrician who can accurately evaluate the extent of the project based upon all the factors as mentioned above, and including evaluating the available capacity of the electrical service of the home.
The Following will assist you with your Electrical Circuit
Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range. Lets look at how the electric range is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Wiring a Oven or Stove
Rewiring a Home
- Great ideas for home electrical rewiring that will add value to your home and bring it up to the current safety and energy efficient electrical codes.
- Electrical Rewiring
- Wiring Electrical Codes
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Adding a Dimmer Switch for Existing Lights||Why Kitchen Receptacles Quit Working|