How To Wire Light Switches with Diagrams
Wiring Light Switches the Easy Way: Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common light switches
Light Switch Wiring Diagrams
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I have a two single pole switch.
- On one side are two black screws and on the other two brass colored ones.
- I know that the black wires go to the black screws, and the white to the other.
- My question is which one is the line in and which ones are for the out lines.
This electrical wiring question came from: Brian, a Homeowner from Warren Michigan
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Brian.
Wiring Light Switches the Easy Way
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light switch circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Brian, there is no such thing as a two single pole switch.
- You may be referring to is a four way switch.
- The actual placement of the wiring depends on the exact wiring that you have.
- Follow the links to the wiring diagrams which will give you full information.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
Fully explained 4 way switch diagrams. 4-way switches are a convenient way to operate lighting fixtures from three or more locations. The electrical wiring adds additional wiring to the same principles of 3-way switching.
For more information about Light Switch Wiring
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common light switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about 4-Way Switch, Electrical Wiring, Lighting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Kitchen Electrical Circuit Wiring||Half Hot Switched Outlets Explained|