How to Wire a Second Light Fixture in a Bathroom
Wiring for a Second Bathroom Light Fixture – The wiring that has been described in the question will allow the second light fixture to operate only when one of the switches for the 3 function bathroom fan unit is in the ON position.
Switch Wiring for a Second Bathroom Light Fixture
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I’m trying to wire a 3 function bathroom fan, then attach an additional wire from there to another light.
- I ran an electric wire from fan but the other light goes out when you turn the fan out.
- I have the fan wired correctly but how do I continue on with the circuit.
This electrical wiring question came from: David, a Homeowner from Sunbury, Ohio
Thanks for your electrical wiring question David
Wiring for a Second Bathroom Light Fixture
- The wiring that has been described in the question will allow the second light fixture to operate only when one of the switches for the 3 function bathroom fan unit is in the ON position.
- If you would like the second bathroom light fixture to be controlled separately or apart from the exhaust fan unit then a dedicated cable must be installed from the light fixture to the wall switch where the switch box is typically replaced with a 2-gang switch box to allow the installation of the second light switch.
- The power source is shared between the two devices and the ground as well.
The Following will assist you with Wiring a Switch for a Bathroom Light Fixture
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Adding a Light Fixture, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How Interconnected Smoke Detectors Work||4 Way Switch Wiring Diagrams|