How to Wire a JVR Digital Time Switch
How can I wire a JVR Digital Time Switch? Wiring a Circuit for a JVR TL34 Digital Time Switch.
Wiring a JVR Timer
Electrical Question: How can I wire a JVR Digital Time Switch?
Wiring a Timer Switch
- I am trying to connect a timer to an electromagnet.
- The electromagnet needs a charge of 9v, and the timer says 12v.
Additional Comments: The page is very helpful!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Paola.
How to Wire a JVR Digital Timer Switch
Application: Wiring a Digital Timer Switch.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor, or Certified Electrician.
Electrical Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Voltage Tester, and appropriate Safety Gear.
Estimated Time: Depends on the personal level experience, ability to work with tools, install electrical circuit wiring, and the available access to the project area.
Electrical Safety: Identify the electrical power source to the Timer Switch, turn it OFF and Tag with a Note before working with the electrical wiring.
Electrical Wiring Parts and Materials: Electrical parts and materials for the Timer Switch should be approved for the specific project and compliant with local and national electrical codes.
Wire a Circuit for a JVR TL34 Digital Time Switch
This electrical wiring project is about Wiring a Circuit for a Timer Switch in the Shed of a Home.
Timer Switch Wire a Circuit
- Paola, from the information you have provided, the JVR TL34 Digital Time Switch needs a 12V power supply on terminals 3 and 4 to make the timer work.
- This could be from a 12V car battery or a plug in power adapter with an output of 12V which should be provided with the JVR Timer.
- The terminals 1 and 2 can be used to control a load of up to 250volt 16amps, and the normal state of the contacts is normally open, which means whatever is connected to terminals 1 and 2 will not turn on unless the set time has been achieved.
- Terminals 1 and 2 are nothing more than pair of contacts just like that of a light switch.
- If you want to control the electromagnet then a power supply must be provided for it, and the positive power wire is wired through terminals 1 and 2.
- NOTE: The required power for the electromagnet must be less than 250volt 16amps, which is the rating for the contacts on the time switch.
More about Wiring Switches
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electric Circuit Listing
The size of the home electrical service panel and the electrical circuits is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electric Circuit Repair after Flood or Water Damage||Electric Wiring for AFCI in a Home|