How To Fix Your Phone Jack Wiring
I changed some of the telephone jacks, now some phones do not work right. How to Check your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone.
Phone Jack Wiring and Repairs
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I changed some of the telephone jacks, now some phones do not work right.
- The two phones downstairs work fine, but when I connect the upstairs phone, sometimes it works and other times it will disable all the other phones.
- Sometimes the phone rings once then cuts off. Why is it when I connect the upstairs phone there is a problem?
This electrical question came from: Lance, a Homeowner from Brooklyn, New York.
Thanks for your telephone wiring question Lance.
How to Check Your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone
- I would double check your wiring connections on the phone that is causing all the problems.
- If you notice that the phone line goes dead when you use a different phone then the phone may have a problem, or the telephone wiring may be damaged.
- Go to the telephone wiring diagram and make sure the connections are correct.
Telephone Wiring Diagram
Phone Jack Wiring
- This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Phone Jack and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Ceiling Fan Remote Control Wiring||Understanding Automatic Gate Opening Systems|