How to Fix a Sign Light Fixture
What can be wrong with a sign light fixture? How to Fix a Fluorescent Light in a Sign Fixture.
Sign Light Fixture Problem
Electrical Question: What can be wrong with a sign light fixture?
Scott in Pennsylvania asks:
- I’m working on a sign that has five ballasts single bulbs per, and they are wired in parallel. Came to work one day and none of the bulbs were lit. I changed a bulb no good. I checked voltage on wires coming in the signage hot to ground reads 120v hot to neutral 192v neutral to ground 82v I’ve never in my years of reading voltage have I seen this any suggestions.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Scott.
Electrical Problem with a Fluorescent Light in a Sign Fixture
Application: Electrical Problem a Fluorescent Sign Light.
Skill Level: Advanced – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor, or Certified Electrician.
Electrical Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Voltage Tester, and appropriate Safety Gear.
Estimated Time: Depends on the personal level experience, ability to work with tools, install electrical circuit wiring, and the available access to the project area.
Electrical Safety: Identify the electrical power source to the Fluorescent Sign Light, turn it OFF and Tag with a Note before working with the electrical wiring.
Electrical Wiring Parts and Materials: Electrical parts and materials for the Fluorescent Light should be approved for the specific project and compliant with local and national electrical codes.
Electrical Codes and Inspections: Installing or changing home electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes as adopted in your specific area of Pennsylvania. A permit and inspections may also be required.
How to Fix a Fluorescent Light in a Sign Fixture
This electrical wiring project is about Electrical Problem a Fluorescent Light in the Room of a Home.
Fluorescent Sign Light Electrical Problem
- Scott, from the information you have provided, the power to the sign should be turned off and the wiring components carefully inspected by a qualified electrician.
- Identify the line side voltage of the ballast which is indicated on the ballast label.
- An electrician should check the power source at the circuit breaker with special attention given to all the wires of the sign light fixture circuit.
- Make sure the voltage is being measured correctly.
- Be aware that some sign fixtures are HO (high output) or VHO (very high output), which require specific lamps, ballasts, and sockets.
- If the ballast is faulty then a new ballast and new lamps should be installed.
- The lamp sockets should be checked as well for burn marks, and if faulty the sockets should be replaced as well.
More about Electrical Problem a Fluorescent Sign Light
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Troubleshooting Electrical Problems
Home Electrical Troubleshooting and Repairs
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Installing a Sub Panel for a Detached Building||The Height for Installing Outlets and Switches|