Guide to Longer Lasting Light Bulbs
Here are a few tips for longer lasting recessed can light, and other light bulbs as well – These are the types of light bulbs that are best for ceiling fan light fixtures because of the constant vibration that is produced by the fan motor.
How to Select Longer Lasting Light Bulbs and LED lights
[ad#block]Lighting Question: We have recessed lighting in our stairs (in the risers) and the light bulbs keep burning out.
- I’m using 4watt nightlight style bulbs.
- Should I try a lower wattage?
This electrical question came from: Linnet, a Homeowner from Saskatoon, Canada.
See more about Home Wiring for Canada
Thanks for your home lighting question Linnet.
Selecting Longer Lasting Lights and LED Bulbs
Here are a few tips for longer lasting recessed can light, and other light bulbs as well.
- If you want to use incandescent light bulbs, then select the Rough Service or 130 Volt light bulbs.
- The rough service light bulbs have a heavy duty filament and will definitely last longer.
- These are the types of light bulbs that are best for ceiling fan light fixtures because of the constant vibration that is produced by the fan motor.
LED Light Bulbs
- The selection of LED lamps are becoming wide and many, and the prices are beginning to come down as well.
- When you consider an LED light as a replacement to your light fixture, just ,make sure that the physical size, voltage and watts are compatible with your existing light fixture.
- If you have a dimmer switch that controls the light fixture, make sure the the LED light bulbs you consider are compatible with your dimmer switch as well.
The Following will assist you with Home Lighting:
Home Lighting Articles
Home Lighting Articles covering:
- Recessed lighting
- Under cabinet lighting.
- Lighting terminology
- and more.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- This article is about recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements.
- Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Learn more about Home Electrical Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Lighting, Recessed Can Light and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Is Your Foreign Made Light Fixture Safe?||How to Splice Copper and Aluminum Electrical Wires|