Electrical Wiring for a Washer and Dryer Unit
Mary in Arvada, Colorado asks: How Can I Prevent a Circuit Overload for my New Washer and Dryer: I bought a stackable apt size 27 inch washer and dryer combo and had installed by professionals.
Wiring a Washer and Dryer Circuit
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I bought a stackable apt size 27 inch washer and dryer combo and had installed by professionals.
- Since the installation the lights are flickering through out the condo whether the unit is on or off.
- Could there be a wire that is not grounded?
- The dryer fuse is not blowing, but now that the dryer has been installed the lights flicker.
- One last thing, when the installer was hooking up he said to his partner that he got a spark, and then said now its okay.
I wonder what he meant? Any ideas?
Thanks for your time,
This electrical question came from: Mary, a Homeowner from Arvada, Colorado.
Thanks for your electrical question Mary.
Electrical Circuit for a Stack Combo Washer and Dryer
How to Prevent Circuit Overload for Your New Washer and Dryer
- I would definitely call the professionals who installed the electrical circuit wiring for the stack combo washer and dryer unit.
- The mention of getting a spark may have something to do with the lights flickering, and it may not, however they should be called and notified of the trouble so they will have the opportunity to correct the problem.
- The electrical circuit for the stack washer and dryer should conform to the installation manual which came with the washer and dryer unit.
- A stack washer and dryer may require dedicated circuits depending on the size of the unit.
More about Home Electrical Wiring
Electrical Wire for the Home
Electrical Codes and details for Spa and Hot Tub electrical wiring. Essentials for your hot tub installation, including the required GFCI ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
3-Wire and 4-Wire Configurations for Clothes Dryers
See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet. Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
Electrical Code Articles for Home Wiring
Electrical Code Directory covering GFCI circuits and electrical boxes.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Washer and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Wire Connections for a Kitchen Range||Wiring Connections for a Light Fixture|