Electrical Wiring for a Washer and Dryer Unit
Mary in Arvada, Colorado asks: How Can I Prevent a Circuit Overload for my New Washer and Dryer: I bought a stackable apt size 27 inch washer and dryer combo and had installed by professionals.
Wiring a Washer and Dryer Circuit
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I bought a stackable apt size 27 inch washer and dryer combo and had installed by professionals.
- Since the installation the lights are flickering through out the condo whether the unit is on or off.
- Could there be a wire that is not grounded?
- The dryer fuse is not blowing, but now that the dryer has been installed the lights flicker.
- One last thing, when the installer was hooking up he said to his partner that he got a spark, and then said now its okay.
I wonder what he meant? Any ideas?
Thanks for your time,
This electrical question came from: Mary, a Homeowner from Arvada, Colorado.
Thanks for your electrical question Mary.
Electrical Circuit for a Stack Combo Washer and Dryer
How to Prevent Circuit Overload for Your New Washer and Dryer
- I would definitely call the professionals who installed the electrical circuit wiring for the stack combo washer and dryer unit.
- The mention of getting a spark may have something to do with the lights flickering, and it may not, however they should be called and notified of the trouble so they will have the opportunity to correct the problem.
- The electrical circuit for the stack washer and dryer should conform to the installation manual which came with the washer and dryer unit.
- A stack washer and dryer may require dedicated circuits depending on the size of the unit.
More about Home Electrical Wiring
Electrical Wire for the Home
Electrical Codes and details for Spa and Hot Tub electrical wiring. Essentials for your hot tub installation, including the required GFCI ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
3-Wire and 4-Wire Configurations for Clothes Dryers
See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet. Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
Electrical Code Articles for Home Wiring
Electrical Code Directory covering GFCI circuits and electrical boxes.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Washer and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Wire Connections for a Kitchen Range||Wiring Connections for a Light Fixture|