Electrical Wiring for a Ceiling Fan
How to Remove and Install a Ceiling Fan and Switch: Wiring a Ceiling Fan and Wall Switch.
Wiring a Ceiling Fan and Switch
Electrical Question: How do I hook the wires back up to my electrical outlet and the dimmer switch for the ceiling fan?
This electrical question came from Danny, a Handyman from Denver, Colorado.
Thanks for your electrical question Danny.
How to Remove and Reinstall a Ceiling Fan Outlet or Switch
Application: Ceiling Fan Electrical Wiring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced, Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the switched outlet wiring and the proposed location for the ceiling fan.
Precaution: Identify the switched outlet circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring for a ceiling fan should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Wiring a Ceiling Fan and Wall Switch
When Removing and Reinstalling a Ceiling Fan be sure to:
- Identify and Turn Off the electrical Circuit.
- Mark the circuit to let inform others.
- Observe and write down the wiring connections.
- Identify the colors of wires with permanent markers or electrical tape.
- When painting or doing other work, do not leave bare wires, always place wire connectors over the ends of the wires.
- Reinstall the electrical switches, outlets, light fixtures or ceiling fans securely as they were originally found.
- Be careful not to pinch any wires and make good wiring connections.
- Consult the owners manual or installation manual for specific devices for detailed information.
More about Wiring a Ceiling Fan
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Fans, Electrical and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Power Design for a Garage Workshop||Electrical Troubleshooting Lights that Flicker or Dim|