Electrical Safety and Stray Voltage
Tonight while attempting to draw water in the tub we felt electrical sensations while the water was running in the tub…
Electrical Sensations Require Qualified Assistance
Background: Mona, a Homeowner from Atlanta GA
Question: My daughter recently purchased a home built in the 60s. An inspection was made before the purchase and they were told the home was in good condition. Tonight while attempting to draw water in the tub to bathe her 1 and 2 year old children, we felt electrical sensations while the water was running in the tub. To her knowledge, this was the first time since she purchased the home this has occurred. What would be the cause and how can it be fixed?
Thanks for your electrical question Mona.
Mona, This is extremely dangerous and should be checked by a qualified electrician. This could be due toÂ voltage which is going to the ground, or a ground that is not bonded to the earth, or a stray voltage source. there will need to be a few tests made to located the problem. Please call an electrician asap, don’t take chances, and yes – this can be fixed.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
Home Electrical Safety
Electrical Safety Articles covering several topics of home electrical safety
Electrical Grounding Codes
Listing of electrical codes for grounding with examples of electrical grounding codes for home electrical wiring.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Panel, Troubleshooting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Upgrades and Grounding Outlets||Electrical Troubleshooting Home Electrical Problems|