Electrical Question about Circuit Breakers
The electrical box on the pole had a bad fuse. I replaced both of them. Meanwhile the well is not working.
Circuit Breaker Problem
Received from a Beginner in Lewiston, Missouri.
Question: How can I tell if a breaker in the box is bad?
- I live in a trailer. The electrical box on the pole had a bad fuse. I replaced both of them. Meanwhile the well is not working. I have no juice to the living room also.
- The kitchen has power, the bathroom has power, the master bedroom has power. The second bedroom and the living room do not, neither does the well.
- Checked the breaker box in the trailer. Still no power to the living room, 2nd bedroom, and the well. How can I tell if a breaker in the box is bad? There was also a breaker box in the shed. I replaced both fuses in that box also. There is no power there either.
Thanks for your electrical question.
- The circuit breaker in the panel should be tested to see if it is producing 240 volts across the two legs of the circuit. If this is not the case then one leg of the electrical service has been lost.
- This could be due to a bad circuit breaker or another problem inside the electrical service panel.
- This type of problem requires a qualified electrician who can test and inspect the problem and then make the appropriate corrections.
Based on your question the following specific links may be helpful to you:
Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Circuit Breaker, Electrical and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Question from Joseph about 4 Way Switch Wiring||Electrical Question about Ceiling Fan Wiring|